As an urban and commercial educational program, Horticulture provides El Paso County residents with the latest research-based information.
We do this by utilizing the mass media, short courses, community volunteers, demonstrations, computer technology and telecommunications to teach Earth Kind practices. We not only deal with gardening, but also with water conservation, recycling and other environmental issues in order to make our community, and world, a little better.
Good To Grow- KTEP
Each Saturday at 11:15 am, Good to Grow will answer the many questions gardeners may have about plants, growing conditions, and proper care for El Paso’s varied gardens. Click the link to find out more, and listen in every Saturday.
- Good To Grow- KTEP http://www.ktep.org/programs/good-grow
Gardening in the Desert- El Paso Series
These publications have been developed specifically for El Paso growing conditions.
- Become a Master Gardener
- Community Garden Workbook
- Create A Hummingbird Habitat
- Create Cactus Garden
- Ethics of Native Plant
- HOME VEGETABLE VARIETIES FOR EL PASO COUNTY
- Recommended Ornamental Plants- EP County
- Rose Brochure
- Rose Pruning Handout
- School Gardening Cylinder Gardening
- Tomato Brochure
- TX AgriLife EPC Planting Calendar
- WTUFC Tree list 8-2012
Gardening and Growing
- Fruit & Nut Resource
- Vegetable Resource
- YouTube Video Tips on Gardening
- Earth-Kind Landscaping
- Junior Master Gardener
- Texas Master Gardener
- El Paso Master Gardeners
- Small Acreage Horticultural Crops
Nursery/Floral and Greenhouse Information
- Texas Greenhouse Management Handbook
- Reference Guide to Plant Care, Handling and Merchandising
- Economic Fact Sheet
- Safety Publications
- Environmental Publications
Denise S. Rodriguez, M.S.
County Extension Agent
301 Manny Martinez
El Paso,TX 79905
Ph: (915) 771-2354
Fx: (915) 771-2356