The agriculture program in the El Paso County provides research-based information and education for agricultural producers, agribusiness, consumers and citizens. The agriculture program disseminates expert, reliable and current educational information in the areas of commercial agriculture; dairy nutrition and health; community development; and 4-H and youth development.
The agriculture programs offer education that transfers new knowledge and technologies from research to users, enhances communities and the environment, and enables the agricultural community to sustain in a rapidly changing economy. The County Extension Agent-Agriculture serves as a community educator. The agent is supported by extension specialists who provide current research applications and educational material. These specialists are located on the Texas A&M University campus and at district research and extension centers across the state.
TDA AGRICULTURAL APPLICATOR TESTING:
The Texas Department of Agriculture has contracted with PSI Services LLC to administer exams for all agricultural pesticide licensing. For information on the procedures each agricultural licensee (Private, Commercial, Noncommercial, and Political Subdivision Noncommercial) must follow to take their examination(s) click here. The El Paso Test Center is located at: 1155 Westmoreland, Suite 110 (The Atrium). Directions: From I-10 W, take the Airways exit North. Turn right at the first light (Viscount). Turn right on Westmoreland Dr.
To order the pesticide applicator training manuals please visit: AgriLife Study Manuals.
- The agriculture section reached 25,000 youth and adults through Kids & Kows & More educational expo.
- The agriculture section made over 1,800 contacts with urban and agricultural clientele by individual means.
- Made over 150,000 urban contacts through nutritional placemat distribution in many local restaurants. As many as 70,000 contacts made through other indirect methods.
- The agriculture agent has been involved with 6 television interviews and has released 3 news articles.
- Provided public educational workshops and seminars on a variety of agriculture issues.
- Assisted in the identification and safe control of agricultural pests.
Jaime Iglesias, Ph.D.
County Extension Agent-Agriculture and Natural Resources
301 Manny Martinez
El Paso, TX 79905